What do I need to start?
- PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Minimum age: 10 years old
What will I do?
You'll learn the basics of PADI underwater photography such as composition, film type and camera handling, with special emphasis on practical techniques. You'll learn underwater photography dive planning, organization, procedures, techniques and potential problems. You'll also learn how to care for and maintain your camera equipment. And, you'll take a bunch of pictures and work them up in Photoshop, burn them onto a CD and show your friends that you really did see that ghost pipe fish.
How long will it take?
- Recommended Course Hours: 12
- Minimum Open Water Training: two dives over one day
What will I need?
- PADI Photo-Pak, which includes manual, video and log insert
Where can I go from here?
Your PADI Adventures In Diving, PADI Underwater Photographer Adventure Dive may count towards this PADI Specialty course at instructor discretion. This Specialty also counts toward one of the five PADI Specialties required for your Internships PADI Bali Diver certification.
Back to top